Vultr is one of the founding members of Let’s Encrypt free SSL. So it is very simple to install one on your WordPress website when using a Vultr cloud server.
Note: You must point your domain name to Vultr before you can install SSL certificate.
To install SSL follow these steps
1. Login to your Vultr account
- Login to Vultr account
- Products > Click on your server > Then find the Control Panel login details or in a new tab type your IP address followed by :9090
- Login with root and password provided
2. Go to Terminal
- From left hand pane click on Terminal
- Type the command
- Hit enter and follow the instructions
- Enter your email address. This is used to send you emails about your SSL certificate
- Read the terms and conditions and agree to them by typing letter A
- Next it will ask if you want to sign up for newsletter. Type Y or N
- Then enter your domain name (there should be none). Enter both with and without www. i.e yourdomain.co.nz www.yourdomain.co.nz separated with a space or comma
- Then it will ask if you want to redirect all http to https. Choose the second option. Select appropriate option and hit enter
- Then it should give you a message. Congratulation! and details where the files have been saved.
All done, you website has now a SSL certificate.