Vultr offers amazingly fast and affordable cloud servers. They’ve sixteen (16) locations through out the world. Meaning, you can host your website close to your target customers and offer a seamless experience.
This blog article provides step by step instruction on how to deploy a WordPress website in just 60 seconds using Vultr’s One-Click apps.
1. Sign Up For A Free Vultr Account
Get a free $100 USD credit by signing up through this link here.
- Go to www.vultr.com
- Click on Sign Up on the top right corner
- Enter your email address and choose a password
- Make sure you verify your email address by clicking on the link emailed you after signing up.
In order to continue you must add a credit card to your account. When it comes choosing an amount check the box, I just want to link my credit car -$0.00 deposit.
2. Deploy a New Server (and install WordPress)
Deploying a server is as easy as few clicks. Follow the instructions below.
- Click on Products in the left panel.
- The click on the big blue + sign to deploy a server.
As we will need a WordPress site we will go with Cloud Compute which is more than enough for a website with few hundred visitors daily. Remember, you can upscale the server if you need more speed, bandwidth and space.
- Under Choose Server, select Cloud Computer
- Then choose Sydney Australia as the location of the server. When a visitors visits your website. The request is sent to the server and it comes back to the visitor. There is a lot of traveling involved hence, closer the server the faster it will load for you visitor.
- Then under Server Type, click on Application. This tab lists all the one-click apps.
- Scroll down and locate WordPress on Ubuntu
- Then select the server size.
- Choose $5 per month option. When building a new website this server is more than enough, it gives blazing fast speed, more than enough space (a new website hardly uses 1 GB) and 1 TB bandwidth is enough to serve 100s of visitors everyday.
- Enabling backup is highly recommended. You never what may go wrong this assures you can always revert back to good working condition.
- Skip the Startup Script and SSH Keys.
- Enter a Hostname for your server.
- Then click Deploy Now.
- Then it will start doing its magic. The above step will both deploy a new server and install WordPress. It may take few minutes once completed you will get an email confirming that server has been created.
- To get your new WordPress website details, click on the recently deployed server.
- It will provide you with an IP address and username and password to login.
- Copy the IP address which should look like this http://22.214.171.124/wp-admin and paste it in a new tab to complete your WordPress setup.
- You will be prompted for a username and password. Copy and paste it here.
- It will start WordPress setup then.
- Follow the instruction on the screen.
- Once completed login with the new admin username and password you choose during setup.